- PERM DC-Disc motor on adjustable support plate
- mounting plate with pre-assembled thrust bearing unit
- all installation material (bolt, nuts etc.)
- electro-magnetic clutch
- multi-belt and pulleys
- all cables (excl. cable from batteries to control box
- pre-programmed control box with all necessary safety devices and fuses
- switch panel, i) decoupler for gearbox lever control
- sensor-unit rev control.
- High power output and low consumption
- Silent and controlled manoeuvring under all conditions
- Acceptable cruising speeds for yachts and boats with (diesel) engines up till 100 hp
- Charges batteries while sailing or while operating the diesel engine
- Easy to operate switch ‘Electric drive – Diesel – Charge‘
- If either drive has a malfunction, the other drive can immediately take over
The ElSail Hybrid is a so called parallel hybrid; the combustion engine ( diesel or petrol ) and the ElSail Hybrid both drive the propeller, but not both at the same time.
The ElSail Hybrid is ‘fuelled’ from batteries. The batteries can be charged by switching the ElSail Hybrid in charging mode (as generator) when the combustion engine is in operation or when the propeller is rotating while sailing.
The batteries can of course also be charged in the marina via an (green) electric power supply.