The Boxfish Alpha is our next-generation underwater drone for asset inspection, observation and light intervention work. Built using many of the same components as our 1000m Boxfish ROV, Alpha is a versatile and reliable ROV for getting work done. We have customised the product to streamline underwater inspection tasks and reduce costs while retaining functional flexibility.
The 4K primary camera and precision controls enable the Boxfish Alpha to easily navigate underwater environments even in poor visibility, allowing the operator to get close to objects. Imaging and scanning sonars can assist when water clarity is less than ideal, and profiling sonars enable the creation of detailed 3D models. High-quality 20MP stills may also be used to produce digital twins of underwater assets (photogrammetry).
Boxfish Alpha provides support in accomplishing many maintenance tasks by adding optional manipulators, such as line cutters, grabbers, and jaws. When using these tools, it’s essential to have complete control of the host vehicle, especially in unpredictable underwater conditions such as current and low visibility. Boxfish Alpha’s innovative eight 3D vectored thrusters layout, which gives the ROV six degrees of freedom of movement, enables this.
• Compact and lightweight design
• Setup and deploy within minutes of arriving on-site, easily done by a two-person team
• Dynamic stabilisation for easy control of the ROV even in significant currents
• Hover time of 12 hours per charge with actual run time dependent on operational conditions plus fast in-field charging options
• Operates down to a depth of 300m
• Operating temperature: -10ûC to +45ûC.