KB8 round lashing block
The KB8C is Karver’s iconic round block. It is one of the first products that we have designed and it is a concentrate of our DNA : Performance, Innovation and Design. It is timeless, elegant and always in the race. The KBC is a reinforced version with a self-lubricated high load bearing.
– Unique and iconic design
– The deep groove allows the pulley to rest on the deck without wearing out the rope
– The holes all around the periphery allow you to attach the cord which will prevent the rope from coming out of the pulley and connecting the KB to each other
– 2 versions available. KB = roller bearings. KBC = self-lubricated bearing (recommended for the heaviest loads)
– Dimensions & minimum weight
– The textile attachment through the center of the pulley ensures a weight saving of up to 50% compared to conventional pulleys (loaded of equal work).
– Its round and flat design allows it to be often installed on a flat deck
– Ultra versatile : the KB are coupled to each other thanks to perfectly ergonomic connecting pieces
– The large central space allows many possibilities of cascade assembly
– Common applications : Double backstay, mast foot, flat deck hoist, line return, lazzy bag, …
– If the sheave breaks, the circulating rope is captive to the transfilage. Although the pulley no longer ensures the circulation of the rope, the rope linkage point of attachment of the pulley remains.
– KB blocks are delivered without textile shackle
– Fixing by a rope or textile shackle