Launch and Recovery System (LARS)
Saab Seaeye offer a range of Launch and Recovery Systems (LARS) featuring either an ‘A’ Frame or a crane mechanism. The LARS can be specified for safe area or Zone 2 area operations.
The LARS comprises the following:
• Umbilical winch usually fitted with a level wind mechanism
• Slip ring with sufficient passes for transmission of power and data
• ‘A’ Frame or Crane mechanism for lifting and deployment of the ROV overboard
• Sheave wheel for free movement of the umbilical cable with or without an optional lock latch or snubber rotator mechanism
• Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) that provides hydraulic power to the winch, ‘A’ frame and lock latch mechanism
• Skid tie down plates for welding to the deck
‘A’ Frame LARS
Saab Seaye offer a range of ‘A’ frame LARS designed specifically to match your Seaeye ROV as well as being suitable for launching other manufacturers' vehicles.
An ‘A’ Frame LARS incorporates a number of useful features:
• Elevated ‘A’ frame pivot point to clear a 2 metre high ship's guard rail.
• Compact integrated skid mounted ‘A’ frame, winch and HPU.
• Forward located rams to provide clear side access to the ROV and TMS.
• Stainless steel fittings, fastenings and pipe work to reduce corrosion.
• No crane required for erecting the ‘A’ frame to reduce mobilisation time and cost.
• Optional latch mechanism for safer deployment.
• Zone 2 option.
• Transit Crash frame to protect the winch and HPU (part of BS EN 12079 framework).
• Compact stowed position for easier transport.
• Designed to DNV Rules for Certification of Lifting Appliances.