The J/70 Speedster (22.75 feet) is J/Boats' first fully ramp-launchable, keelboat first launched in 2012. She was designed to fulfill a growing need for an easy-to-own, high performance one-design that is exciting to sail, stable enough for the entire family, easy to tow behind the family vehicle, to rig in the parking lot, ramp launch and sail. Plus, J/70 is built to last.
Today, the J/70 worldwide fleet is over 1,500 boats strong, attracting some of the most talented sailors in the world and helping to spark growth of numerous sailing leagues across Europe. The Sailing World Overall Boat of the Year J/70 has taken the world by storm and future growth for this fantastic boat looks very bright, indeed! These days it is safe to say there is some J/70 event happening on almost any given weekend somewhere around the world!
Key J/70 Features.
- Large comfortable cockpit with open transom.
- Deck-stepped lightweight carbon mast for easy rigging & stepping.
- Inexpensive three sail inventory with masthead A-Sail.
- Vertical lifting keel.
- Small cabin for storage and personal privacy.
- Easy to trailer to regattas, ramp launch and store at home for winter.
- Only 1,750 lbs & low road height so most 6 cyl vehicles can easily tow.
- Fits inside most standard garage doors!