DESMI has developed new pumps for the aquaculture market, where the focus is to provide high efficiency rates for high flows at low water lift.
The new pumps are suitable for aquaculture water applications (seawater, freshwater, brackish, water with
cleaning agents, etc.) and for meeting the aquaculture industry requirements for:
• Design to run 24 / 7 / 365
• Very long intervals between maintenance
• High efficiency > 80% at high-flow & low-pressure conditions
• Flexibility – can be installed horizontally or vertically to adapt to any pipe system
• Slow speed (using 6 or 8 pole motors) – very limited noise transmitted to fish tanks
• Easy installation and maintenance
The growing world population is increasing the demand for fish, which is influencing the rapid development of land-based aquaculture systems and on board aquaculture vessels.
For well boats, our high-flow - low-pressure centrifugal pumps are very suited as they require very little space in the vertical installation.