Sliding windows are ideal for maximising ventilation and are usually fitted to the side of a vessel, facilitating communication between a wheelhouse and crew working on deck. They are available in many shapes and sizes to suit any application. We can supply framed sliding windows using either our through-fix or clamp section frames.
1. Fixed glazing is wet sealed into the frames to ensure a joint-free long lasting weatherproof seal .
2. a velvet lined rubber extrusion.
3. Sliding panes in frame sections Clamp 6-8 and Clamp 10-12 run on a convex hard plastic extrusion with brush seals around the glass to reduce friction, enabling free and easy sliding movement even with the largest and heaviest windows .
4. As standard, the aft pane of glass slides forward in the inner channel to maximise the weather tight performance of the window .
5. Fixed with bolted and then decorated with rubber cover.
6. Aluminum alloy switch is beautiful and strong.