The Kalao is quite the 4x4 of the kayak world. Equally at ease on the sea, rivers or for fun, it really is the kayak for all adventures. Like all BIC Sport kayaks it features plenty of innovations.
The fluid, stable hull design makes it simple for a family of two adults and two children to all ride together in complete comfort. That makes it the first true 3 (adults) person Sit-On-Top on the market, with 3 proper ergonomic seats. Essentially, the Kalao combines capacity of the old style family canoe, with the safety of a Sit-On-Top kayak! The other big first : it can be adapted to take an electric motor.
The largely flat hull design with very little water draught is extremely stable and allows the kayak to go almost anywhere. Such aspects as storing your belongings while kayaking, as well as carrying and transporting your kayak have all also received detailed attention. One other important point : it’s unsinkable.
- Ultra-versatile kayak, equally at home on sea or river, for fun or for fishing
- Superb stability thanks to its wide, flat hull design
- Minimal water draught for exploring everywhere, even in the shallowest water
- Wide, rear storage area with integral elasticated straps for safely carrying equipment
- Triple-level moulded footrests to suit all sizes of paddler
- Bow and stern carry handles for easy transportation
- Ergonomic anti-slip seats
- Integral survival lines make getting back on board simple
- Removable rear bumper/protector helps extend kayak’s life