They cover the power range 500-5000 kVA in frame sizes 400-630 with typical voltages of 400-690 V
Tailored solutions on time
ABB has the experience to deliver tailor-made generators for demanding marine applications on time and in budget. We can offer different bearing solutions for specific tilting requirements using either antifriction or sleeve bearings in single or double bearing arrangements. The direction of the cable connection, special feet heights and a variety of optional accessories can also be selected for modular generators.
The excitation power in modern synchronous generators is typically supplied by an auxiliary winding. A separate PMG is also available as the excitation power source. In the proven
ABB brushless excitation system the secure voltage build up is ensured by a Permanent Magnet Insertion in the exciter stator.
Vacuum pressure impregnation (VPI) is used for both stator and rotor to protect from harsh environmental conditions.
Special form wound windings – normally used in high voltage generators – are also available for ABB modular LV generators as an option.
• Power factor: 0.8
• Insulation class/Temperature rise: H/F or H/H
• Ambient Temperature: 0 ... +45°C (up to 60°C with power derating)
• Mounting: IM1101, IM1305, IM2401, designed to match the engine
• Cooling/Protection: IC0A1/IP23 (open air cooled) or IC8A1W7/IP44, (closed circuit water cooled, max +38°C) emergency cooling as an open machine
• Bearings: Antifriction or sleeve bearing, single or double bearing