fishfinder / sonar / GPS / for boats
HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2
fishfinder, sonar, GPS
The HELIX™ 5 G2 units, the second generation of the Humminbird® HELIX™ 5, bring anglers new features and a compelling value. The GPS units in the family all come pre-loaded with AutoChart® Live and are compatible with all Humminbird LakeMaster® charts, including SmartStrike™. In addition, the new units include digital sonar, Side Imaging and Down Imaging® capabilities that have been enhanced through the use of CHIRP operating frequencies.
All units feature the original HELIX™ 5's best-in-class, ultra-bright 5-inch diagonal HD widescreen color display and professional features, but also include a new updated user interface. They also feature an updated operating system, 800H x 480V 5-inch 256-color TFT display, and allow for gimbal mounting, or in-dash mounting with an optional kit. International models support 200/50kHz. Optional 50 kHz transducers are available for extreme deep-water use. All models in the HELIX™ 5 G2 family are upgradeable, allowing users to receive software updates when they are available.
The new GPS units feature a Micro SD card slot for use with advanced cartography or to save screenshots, sonar recordings or waypoints and have the following features:
- CHIRP digital sonar and GPS chartplotting with internal GPS receiver for 2,500 waypoints, 45 routes, 50 tracks and 20,000 waypoints;
- pre-loaded with AutoChart® Live; includes space for 8-hours of mapping on the hard drive with additional storage available on an optional AutoChart® Zero Line map card;
- Navionics® Gold/HotMaps™ compatible;
- water surface temperature gauge built into transducer for finding fish-holding locations;
- GPS speed included;
- 1,500 feet depth capability.