for racing sailboats
Number of blades:
Saildrive and Inboard Styles
Seahawk Australia and Austral Propellers have joined forces to bring you the "SLIPSTREAM" range of Geared Folding Sailboat Propellers.
For racing and social yachts, streamlining and smoothness of design is of major importance. Unwanted drag under sail can result from the use of two or three bladed fixed propeller installations. Slipstream Folding Sailboat propellers achieves the best of both worlds, providing both smooth flow when sailing and efficient forward and reverse propulsion under power.
Centrifugal force provides easy synchronized opening of the propeller blades when under engine power. Alternatively, under sail, the water flow closes the blades, significantly reducing drag. The gearing avoids the vibration and operational problems commonly associated with one blade moving independently of the other.
Design Features and Advantages:
* Synchronized geared opening and closing
* Propeller operates forward or reverse
* Folded position minimizes drag when sailing
* Propeller design is efficient under power
* Less drag than 2 or 3 blade fixed propellers
* Both saildrive and inboard styles available
* Saildrive models feature fail-safe cushion hubs
* Large blade area for excellent thrust
* All stainless steel construction
* All wear components are user-serviceable
* Full installation kit with each propeller
* Five-year warranty against material & manufacturing defects