... trac the transport of their yacht in a relaxed manner. After all, these luxury items can be valued at several million Euros. With us, you have the security of knowing that experienced professionals are ...
... boats, pilot boats, coastal ships, landing crafts or trawlers: Great attention is paid to technical details regarding the transportation of commercial vessels. Despite their profound experience, our loadmasters do not ...
How to choose this product
Yacht transport is a service that moves yachts from one place to another. This includes air, sea, road and train transportation. Services offered on NauticExpo involve moving yachts by ship only.
There are three systems for loading a yacht onto a ship:
- Lift on/Lift off: The boat is lifted from the dock or directly from the water by a crane and is deposited on a cradle on the transport ship. The operation is reversed at the destination.
- Roll-on/Roll-off: The boat is rolled in and out of the hold of a RoRo ship on a trailer. Such ships are designed for wheeled cargo.
- Float on/Float off: The transporting vessel is partially submerged by filling its ballast tanks. The yacht is moved into position over the immersed cargo area. Divers then place a cradle beneath the boat. As the ballast tanks are emptied, the ship rises with the yacht on the cradle, ready to begin its voyage.
How to choose
Choice of transport service will depend primarily on the destinations it offers. Verify schedule and space availability with the transporter. The yacht's characteristics also play a role. For example, a yacht destined for RoRo transport must not be too large for the ship's loading ramp and doors.
- No wear on yacht engines and gear
- Safety; minimizes piracy risk
- Must comply with a set schedule
- Limited to available destinations